Last Updated On February 10, 2023
- Comparison Table
- Best Circular Saw Blade For Melamine: Get Clean Cuts Every Time!
- #1 Best Overall: Freud LU79R007 7-1/4″ Thin Kerf Blade For Melamine
- #2 Best Material: BOSCH DCB1080 Daredevil 10-Inch Blade for Melamine
- #3 Best Blade Pack: 5 PACK Freud D1060X Diablo 10-In Saw Blades
- #4 Best Budget: Norske Tools NCSBP272 8-1/4 inch Melamine Plus Saw Blade
- Best For Durability: Amana Tool – MB10800 Carbide Tipped Melamine Blade
- Safety Tips for Using the Best Circular Saw Blade
- How To Clean a Circular Saw Blade?
- How to Cut Melamine without Chipping
- How To Choose Best Circular Saw Blade For Melamine
- Final Thoughts
Want clean and chipping-free cuts with top-notch finishing on melamine?
Congrats! Your search is Done! In this article, we are here with some circular saw blades that can provide clean cuts with top-notch finishing on melamine without any chipping issues.
Materials like melamine can easily tear up due to the poor blade. In fact, the lower number of teeth can cause chipping or damage to the melamine boards. To prevent these issues, you have to use a circular saw blade with premium-quality materials and at least 50 to 80 teeth.
Still confused? Don’t worry! We have included the best circular saw blade for melamine you can pick right now!
Best Circular Saw Blade For Melamine: Get Clean Cuts Every Time!
As high-quality saw blades can ensure clean cuts with top-notch finishing on melamine boards, they are on demand here. Let’s have a look at some of the best options.
#1 Best Overall: Freud LU79R007 7-1/4″ Thin Kerf Blade For Melamine
- Specs: Arbor 5/8", Diameter 7-1/4", Grind Hi-ATB, Hook Angle -5°, Kerf .079", Plate .063", Teeth 60
- Premium TiCo HI-Density Carbide Crosscutting Blend for Maximum Performance
- High Alternate Top Bevel (HiATB)Tooth Design produces splinter-free cuts
- Modified Triple Chip Grind (MTCG) Tooth Design for long life and chip free cuts in thick stock manmade materials
On the top of our list, we have a Freud LU79R007 7-1/4″ Thin Kerf blade that comes with high-alternating and top-bevel 60 teeth. Due to such a large number of teeth, this blade provides clean crosscuts with top-notch finishing. No need to worry about issues like splintering! Let’s have a look at the specification of this saw blade.
- TiCo high-density carbide tips
- Come with anti-vibration slots
- High-alternating and top-bevel 60 teeth
- Includes a Perma shield non-stick coating
- Ultra-thin kerf for clean and accurate cuts.
Let’s talk about the high-density carbide tips of the blade first. As these TiCo carbide tips are a blend of titanium, cobalt, and tungsten, these cutting edges remain sharp for a longer time. As a result, this saw blade can offer maximum performance while plywood and melamine cutting.
In addition, this thin kerf blade comes with anti-vibration slots and a straight edge. With such a well-balanced design and cutting edge, it can reduce the vibration while operating. In short, these laser-cut slots help to reduce noise. So, if you’re cutting materials like melamine, this feature can help a lot to prevent tear-out and get a clean cut.
Moreover, the Freud LU79R007 includes a Perma shield non-stick coating. Now, this coating prevents excessive friction with the material. For this reason, this thermal insulation eliminates the heat buildup and protects the saw.
Further, the ultra-thin kerf and high-quality finishing resist bending and longer blade life. So, this is the best 7 1/4 circular saw blade for melamine.
- Top-bevel 60 teeth can provide clean crosscuts
- Anti-vibration slots reduce the vibration and noise
- High-quality finishing resists bending and longer blade life
- TiCo carbide tips offer extreme performance on melamine
- Perma shield non-stick coating can eliminate the heat buildup.
- This blade dulls a little bit faster
- It may leave a red mark on the material.
#2 Best Material: BOSCH DCB1080 Daredevil 10-Inch Blade for Melamine
- Brute Carbide – an upgraded C3/C4 micro grain formulation for increased impact damage resistance
- ATB tooth geometry – for fast Cross cutting, cutoff and trim of wood and plywood
- Speed coat – an antifriction finish for faster cutting with no burning or melting
- Thinner kerf – provides faster cuts and less waste
On the second spot, we have a Daredevil 10-Inch Blade that comes with an extra-hard steel blade body. As this blade body can resist bending and deflection, it can offer accuracy to provide clean and true cuts. Let’s look at some of its best specs that might help you to make a quicker decision.
- Upgraded C3/C4 micro-grain formulation
- Comes with an extra-hard steel blade body
- Edge blades for extreme performance
- ATB tooth geometry with a thinner kerf
- Includes anti-friction speed coat finishes.
When it comes to the design of the saw blade, this blade includes an alternate top bevel tooth geometry. Due to such an ATB design, it can offer cross-cutting and trimming of different materials like a sharp knife. Besides, this Daredevil includes 80 triple ground teeth that provide fast and smooth cuts even in highly abrasive material.
Compared to the Freud LU79R007 7-1/4″ Thin Kerf Blade For Melamine, this one includes Brute carbide tips with an upgraded C3 or C4 micro-grain carbide formulation. Now, as the C3/C4 formulation offers higher impact damage resistance, this saw blade stays sharper for a longer time.
However, the BOSCH DCB1080 comes with an anti-friction speed coat that prevents heat buildup. As a result, this blade provides extreme performance without any binding issues on specific materials like aluminum or plywood.
Also, the thinner kerf of the saw produces less waste that won’t make the place dusty. In short, it can help the saw to provide faster cuts with a high-quality finish for hours! Hence, this BOSCH is the ideal saw blade for melamine.
- Extra-hard steel blade body can resist bending and deflection
- Thinner kerf offers faster cuts with a high-quality finish
- C3/C4 micrograin formulation stays sharper for a longer time
- Triple ground teeth provide smooth cuts in highly abrasive material
- Anti-friction coat prevents heat buildup to provide extreme performance.
- Extra care is needed for longer use
- This saw is a little bit noisy while working.
#3 Best Blade Pack: 5 PACK Freud D1060X Diablo 10-In Saw Blades
- TiCo HI-DENSITY CARBIDE TOOTH: TiCo Hi-Density Carbide specifically designed for each application to provide maximum performance and cutting life
- PERMA-SHIELD COATING: Perma-Shield non-stick coating reduces gumming, rusting, and corrosion
Here comes another Freud product on our list. But this time it’s a pack of 5 Diablo D1060X 10″ saw blades. As these blades come with Tri-metal shock-resistant brazing, the blade tips can handle extreme impact and provide long-lasting durability. Let’s have a look at the specification of this saw blade pack.
- Pack includes 5x 60-Tooth ATB blade
- Tri-metal shock-resistant brazing
- 5/8″ arbor for accurate blade rotation
- Includes TiCo Hi-density carbide teeth
- Comes with a Perma-Shield non-stick coating.
In this pack, the Diablo blades come with TiCo carbide-tipped teeth tips that are a blend of titanium, cobalt, and tungsten. With such a high-density blend, these cutting edges remain sharp for a longer time. So, this fine tooth circular saw blade can offer extreme cutting performance on melamine.
On top of that, the ATB tooth geometry offers fast cross-cutting and trim of different materials. Moreover, the ultra-thin kerf and high-quality finishing of these blades can resist bending and increase the blade life.
Whereas the previous BOSCH DCB1080 Daredevil 10-Inch Blade anti-friction speed coat, this pack is pretty different from the traditional coating. Actually, the blades come with a Perma shield non-stick coating.
Due to this coating, these blades prevent excessive friction with the material. In fact, this thermal insulation eliminates the heat buildup and protects the saw. Also, these blades come with laser-cut stabilizer vents to maintain the blade rotation accuracy. As a result, the vibration decreases and this blade pack ensures precise cuts.
- TiCo carbide tipped teeth tips edges remain sharp for a longer time
- Ultra-thin kerf and high-quality finishing can resist bending
- Perma shield coating eliminates the heat buildup to protect the saw
- Laser-cut stabilizer vents to maintain the blade rotation accuracy
- Tri-metal shock-resistant brazing tips can handle extreme impacts.
- These blades’ cuts are not so fast
- These blades may leave marks on the material.
#4 Best Budget: Norske Tools NCSBP272 8-1/4 inch Melamine Plus Saw Blade
- The ULTIMATE finishing blade; features special 35 degree high ATB tooth design for ultra-smooth cutting of melamine, laminate, hardwoods and laminate flooring
- C4 Micro-grain carbide tips precision sharpened on all sides
- Laser-cut body, anti-vibration and expansion slots reduce noise and vibration during operation
- For professional carbinet makers, trim carpenters and avid Do-It-Yourselfers
Next, we have a Norske Tools NCSBP272 Melamine Plus Saw blade made with premium-quality steel material and includes 60 carbide-diamond teeth. As a result, this blade can stay sharper for a long time than the traditional saw blades. To know what this saw blade brings, let’s scroll through its specs.
- Include 60 carbide-diamond teeth
- Premium-quality steel material built-up
- Special 35 degree high ATB tooth design
- C4 Micro-grain carbide tips for precise cuts
- Comes with anti-vibration and expansion slots.
This saw blade comes with a laser-cut steel body that ensures stability and makes the blade flat & resistant against warping. Besides, this Norske Tools blade comes with anti-vibration expansion slots. As the slots balance the design, they can reduce the vibration while operating. In short, these laser-cut slots help to reduce noise and get a clean cut.
Same as the 5 PACK Freud D1060X Diablo 10-In Saw Blades, this one also includes an ATB tooth blade geometry. Hence, the saw blade offers fast cross-cutting and trim of materials like aluminum, laminate, or hardwood. Moreover, these 35-degree teeth angles can provide ultra-smooth cutting for hours.
Further, the C4 Micro-grain carbide tips of this saw blade come with a precision sharpness on all sides of the blade. With such a micro-grain formulation, this saw blade offers higher impact damage resistance and provides longer sharpness. So, all in all, it is the best circular saw blade for melamine.
- 60 carbide-diamond teeth stay sharper for a long time
- Laser-cut steel body makes the blade resistant against warping
- 35-degree teeth angles can provide ultra-smooth cutting for hours
- Anti-vibration expansion slots reduce the vibration while operating
- C4 micro-grain formulation offers higher impact damage resistance.
- It produces a little bit of dust while cutting
- This saw may cause slight chipping on the bottom.
Best For Durability: Amana Tool – MB10800 Carbide Tipped Melamine Blade
- (D) diameter: 10 (250mm)
- Teeth: 80
- (D) Bore: 5/8
- Tooth grind: Hi-ATB
Finally, we have an MB10800 Carbide Tipped Melamine blade which is designed by the Amana Tool family. As this blade comes with extra-large carbide tips, it can provide fast and smooth cuts even in highly abrasive material. Let’s look at some specs of the blade that may help you to make a quicker decision.
- Come with extra-large carbide tips
- Includes laser-cut expansion slots
- Tension rings with larger gullets
- Coupled with a thick and heavy-duty plate
- High-ATB grind slices with 25-degree bevels.
Let’s talk about the plate of the saw blade. As the saw blade includes a thick and heavy-duty plate, it can maintain the shape and provide longer durability. In fact, these blades come with anti-vibration expansion slots that can balance the design and reduce the vibration level while operating.
In addition, these laser-cut slots include copper plugs. Due to such design, these plugs can help to reduce noise and get a clean cut. Unlike the previous Norske Tools NCSBP272 8-1/4 inch Melamine Plus Saw Blade, this one comes with tension rings to maintain the blade’s shape even under extreme stress.
Moreover, the High-ATB grind slices of the saw blade offer fast cutting and trimming of hard materials. In short, the 25-degree teeth bevel angles can provide extremely smooth cutting for hours. Also, the large gullets of the saw have a greater chip clearance. So, overall, it is the best carbide teeth blade for melamine.
- Copper plugs help to reduce noise and get a clean cut
- Extra large carbide tips can provide fast and smooth cuts
- High-ATB grind offers fast cuts and trim on hard materials
- Heavy-duty plates maintain the shape and provide longer durability
- Anti-vibration expansion slots reduce the vibration while operating.
- This blade cuts is not so fast
- This saw produces dust while cutting.
Safety Tips for Using the Best Circular Saw Blade
When you’re using the circular saw blade, it is better to follow some safety tips to avoid injuries.
First of all, wear safety gear like eye protection, hand gloves, and a mask. Next, use ear protection as some materials create extreme noise while cutting. It is better to stand to the side to avoid issues like chipping.
Then, wear tight clothes while working with circular saws. As loose cloth can be pulled by the saw, it is better to avoid such clothes. Finally, set the cutting depth to get precise and clean cuts and avoid kickbacks.
How To Clean a Circular Saw Blade?
To clean a circular saw blade, you have to remove the blade first. As the saw blade comes with sharp teeth, we suggest you wear hand gloves while cleaning up.
Once you remove the blade, it’s time to make a cleaning solution. It is better to use vinegar or acetone to get a quick result. After preparation of the cleaning solution, soak the blade in the solution for 15-20 minutes.
Take out the blade and scrub it with a hard bristle brush. If the blade has some gunky spots, scrub a little hard to remove these spots. But, always scrub the blade’s teeth softly as hard scrubbing can hamper the sharpness of the teeth.
Then, rinse the blade with clean water. If there is still some sort of dust or gunky spots remaining, we suggest you repeat the process. Finally, use a paper towel or air dryer to dry the blade. Reinstall the blade on the saw and it’s ready to go!
How to Cut Melamine without Chipping
Melamines may be a little tricky to get a clean cut. So, follow these steps like picking the right blade, marking the cuts, preparing the saw, melamine position, and using painter’s tape to cut melamine without chipping.
Pick The Right Blade
If you pick the right saw blade, 50% of your job is done. Firstly, pick double-sided melamine saw blades as they are designed to minimize chipping while operating. Then, keep sure the saw blade comes with at least 50-80 teeth to get a clean cut.
Mark the Cuts
Marking can help you to maintain proper lining while going through the materials. When it’s about cutting melamine or laminate, it is a must to mark the cuts to avoid chipping. Use a pencil or tape to mark the cuts properly.
Saw & Melamine Position
Before going through the melamine board, it is better to prepare the saw and maintain the proper melamine position. Keep sure that your saw is in a good condition to get chipping-free cuts.
Then, make sure the visible part of the board is on the bottom. As the splinter caused by the blade is on the top, it won’t be visible after the setting of the melamine board.
Use Painter Tape
Sometimes a little vibration of the circular saw can tear the melamine. To avoid such damage, use a two-inch-wide painter’s tape or masking tape. These tapes are widely effective against vibrations.
How To Choose Best Circular Saw Blade For Melamine
When you’re intending to spend some bucks on a circular saw blade, we suggest you look for multiple factors like the number of teeth, materials, blade size, kerf, and saw compatibility. Let’s scroll through these factors with details.
Number of Teeth
It is the most important factor as the cut quality depends on it. If the saw blade comes with fewer teeth like 10 or 20, it will cause chipping or tearing. In fact, fewer teeth can damage the materials.
To avoid such issues, keep sure the saw blade comes with at least 50-80 teeth. Now, you may think why not a blade with 100 or 120 teeth! Actually, the concept is not working like that. More teeth can increase pressure and hamper the quality of cuts. So, it is better to pick a blade with at least 50-80 teeth.
High-quality materials can maintain the shape and provide longer durability. Some blades including TiCo carbide tips are a blend of titanium, cobalt, and tungsten. As a result, these cutting edges remain sharp for a longer time and offer maximum cutting performance on melamine boards.
On the other hand, Brute carbide tips with an upgraded C3 or C4 micro-grain carbide formulation offers higher impact damage resistance, this saw blade stays sharper for a longer time. So, pick a blade with premium material to get long-lasting durability.
Blade Size & Kerf
The depth of the cuts depends on the size of the blade. If you want a 4-5 inch depth cut, you need at least a 10-inch circular saw blade. Besides, a 10-inch saw offers a minimal cut if you use a 9 ½ inch blade. Hence, choose the right size according to your needs.
On the contrary, the thin kerf prevents wear and tear while cutting. Also, thin-kerf blades can produce less dust and offer a clean cut. So, if you want to cut expensive melamine boards with a circular saw, don’t forget to use thin kerf blades.
Saw compatibility is also important as the unsuitable blade can cause kickbacks and serious injuries. To pick the right size, we suggest you read the blade’s saw compatibility and then pick one.
Are circular saw blades interchangeable between brands?
Yes, circular saw blades are interchangeable with miter saws, table saws, radial arm saws, or cut-off saws.
Is it worth sharpening circular saw blades?
Yes, sharpening saw blades can provide better cuts, and save your bucks. But, it is better to avoid sharpening saw blades regularly.
What is the best saw blade for melamine?
Freud LU79R007 7-1/4″ Thin Kerf Blade is the best saw blade for melamine. As this blade comes with high-alternating and top-bevel 60 teeth, it can provide clean crosscuts with top-notch finishing.
Finally, we have made it to the end. Among these blades, the BOSCH DCB1080 Daredevil 10-Inch Blade for Melamine would be the best pick as the blade offers accuracy to provide clean and true cuts.
If you’re looking for clean crosscuts with top-notch finishing, we suggest you pick the Freud LU79R007 7-1/4″ Thin Kerf Blade right now!
Choose any of these blades or use our detailed guide to pick the best circular saw blade for melamine. Get your saw blade today to get clean cuts without any tearing or chipping!
This is Ahmed Shuvo, an enthusiastic tool enthusiast with a passion for saws, especially circular saws and miter saws. I have written blog posts and conducted research on the proper use and maintenance of these tools. I am also a DIYer who enjoys making wooden projects and always striving to improve my skills. I am confident in my expertise and eager to contribute to the growth of this industry through my writing.