Last Updated On February 10, 2023Table could not be displayed.
Do you know why most wood crafters often eye for a compact circular saw? Because they are powerful, convenient, and comfortable to use.
And if they are cordless mini circular saws, they add a lot of other amenities such as portability, flexibility, versatility, and higher cutting depth.
That being said, here we present the 5 best compact cordless circular saws of our choice which are dominating the power tool industry right now!
- Review of The Best Compact Cordless Circular Saw
- #1 Best for Dust Cleaning- Worx 20V Power Share 3-⅜” Cordless Compact Circular Saw
- #2 Best Multi-Purpose- GALAX PRO 20V 4-½” Compact Circular Saw
- #3 Best Budget-Friendly- BLACK+DECKER 20V Max 5-½” Compact Cordless Saw
- #4 Best for Professional Purpose- EnerTwist 20V Max 4-½” Cordless Compact Circular Saw
- #5 Best Brushless Motor- Makita 18V 6-½” Brushless Saw
- What Is a Compact Circular Saw Used for?
- How Did We Choose the Compact Cordless Circular Saw?
- Final Words From Gears Guider
Aside from being portable, they are easy to maneuver as well. Resultantly, even hours of woodworking become a breeze with these tiny tools.
So, let’s have a look at the performances of these compact circular saws below through our review.
Review of The Best Compact Cordless Circular Saw
We know that the market is flooded with countless compact mini circular saws. But you need to learn their specs in detail so that you can maximize the benefit. To make an informed buying decision on cordless compact circular saws, the following five impartial reviews might help.
#1 Best for Dust Cleaning- Worx 20V Power Share 3-⅜” Cordless Compact Circular Saw
No products found.
If you are looking for a compact circular saw that includes a battery for all Worx products, don’t miss this mini circular saw out. The prime specifications of this power tool are-
- Includes both the battery and the charger
- Lightweight construction allows easy operation
- Comes with a built-in dust port for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Fast and facile blade changing with the spindle lock
- An air-powered compact circular saw within an affordable budget
Weighing only 4.1lbs, this is one of the lightest mini circular saws of all time. As a result, it’s a perfect choice for a one-handed operation. Congratulations! Your exhausted days are coming to an end after a long woodworking session, all thanks to this tiny compact circular saw.
Although it’s a small circular saw, don’t mistake it for a powerless one. In terms of power and speed, it still can compete with a corded compact circular saw with its ergonomic design.
Moreover, there is no cord to tangle up while working on an important project.
Also, the small size counts as a plus as it can reach even the tightest space for better results.
However, worrying about the sawdust? Not anymore. The inbuilt dust port is there to take care of it very conveniently.
Aside from easy operation, the compact saw also includes a safety trigger. Resultantly, it reduces the chances of injuries to a notable extent.
Nevertheless, it would have been better if it were smoother from the start. Although the issue gets resolved after a while.
Overall, it’s one of the best cordless mini circular saws with a battery and charger you can have right now!
- Easy one-handed operation
- Very effective and powerful for versatile woodworking jobs
- The tiny size fits in narrow working spaces
- Lightweight construction enhances portability
- 2300 RPM uninterrupted speed for fast cutting with maximum cutting depth
- Doesn’t include any written instructions
- The blade spins a bit slow
#2 Best Multi-Purpose- GALAX PRO 20V 4-½” Compact Circular Saw
No products found.
Up next in this review, we have an incredible compact circular saw from Galax Pro, again with maximum cutting depth. Let’s take a tour of its key features below.
- 3400 RPM uninterrupted speed
- Includes a 2.0Ah battery
- Comes with a laser guide for multipurpose use
- Offers adjustable cutting angle
- 4.5 inches blade length for faster cuts
If you need a compact circular saw that can cut wood, plastic, sheet, metal, and tile- look no further and trust Galax Pro.
Having two pcs blades of 24T and 60T, the mini circular saw offers adjustable cutting depth for various crafting projects with precise cuts.
The laser indicator with a parallel guide is indeed a blessing to maintain parallel lines while cutting wood. Furthermore, we loved the greater cutting depth it offered as a mini circular saw.
Talking of the safety features, you will encounter no accidental opening of the power tool due to the double protection switch. And it outplays other conventional full-sized circular saws by offering a soft rubber handle.
Saying that it creates minimum vibration while cutting wood, thanks to the balanced grip and control. Thus, it takes its place among the top-rated standard circular saws of all time.
However, the only issue we found with this compact saw is the 6.38 pounds weight. Compared to the Worx 20V Power Share 3-⅜” Cordless Compact Circular Saw, this one’s a bit heavyweight. Other than that, it’s a great deal overall.
- Super easy installation
- Balanced grip with the integrated safety trigger
- Maintains straight line with the laser guide
- Two different saw blades meet different requirements
- Includes a vacuum adapter to suck away the sawdust effortlessly
- A bit heavyweight compared to many compact circular saws
- The short battery life could be an issue
#3 Best Budget-Friendly- BLACK+DECKER 20V Max 5-½” Compact Cordless Saw
No products found.
Here we have an extremely affordable compact circular saw from the famous power tool manufacturer, BLACK+DECKER. Let’s check out if this particular cordless tool can live up to your expectations or not.
- 5.5 inches circular blade for a wide range of woodcutting
- No extra tool is needed to change the blade
- Comes with pivoting shoes for better control unlike other compact circular saws
- High torque motor provides faster-cutting speed
- Suitable for 45° and 90° bevel cuts
Have you ever heard that you can get one of the best cordless mini circular saws for under $50? If not then you have hit the jackpot. We have such a mini circular saw with all the conveniences of other compact circular saws.
What we liked the most about this power tool is the PowerConnect battery system. That means you can use the same battery for multiple devices. Surely, it reduces the cost of the saw to a considerable extent.
Another noteworthy point of this new compact circular saw from BLACK+DECKER is the tool-free depth and bevel adjustments. That certainly counts as a big plus for any of the best compact circular saws out there. You can change the blade immediately too.
If only it came with the battery like other cordless saws, it would be better for the woodworkers. But that’s okay compared to the budget of other best mini circular saws.
- Powerful, compact, and lightweight design
- Compatible for versatile DIY projects as a mini circular saw
- Connects with a 20V max CXT lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Offers precise cuts with adjusting the cutting depth
- A tool-free blade changing facility
- Not for serious woodworking tasks
- It’s challenging to line up the blade on the cutting line
#4 Best for Professional Purpose- EnerTwist 20V Max 4-½” Cordless Compact Circular Saw
No products found.
At the second last spot, we want you to meet a professional power tool that can handle serious wood-crafting projects besides managing small DIY tasks. Let’s dig deeper to learn more about this 20V max CXT lithium-ion circular saw.
- The integrated switch counts as one of the most reliable safety features
- 3500 RPM high cutting speed outplays many compact circular saws
- Includes a 4.0Ah battery and charger
- Fits in tight spaces for cutting wood
- Provides a laser guide and a parallel guide for making precise cuts with straight lines
To start with the amenities of this professional power tool, the left-sided blade design is undoubtedly praiseworthy. Not only does it enhance stability but also ensures better-cut line visibility.
If you are someone who always prefers a tidy working surface, the sawdust must bother you. Then this is the circular saw kit you are looking for. The vacuum adapter allows wonderful dust collection with minimum effort. It literally cleans all the debris.
Coming with a laser guide and a parallel guide, the 4.5″ blade diameter is no less than other conventional circular saws in terms of maximum cut depth. And the cutting depth is quite good to cut plastic, sheet metal, soft metal, plywood, drywall, wood metal plastic, etc.
Similar to the Worx 20V Power Share 3-⅜” Cordless Compact Circular Saw, this small circular saw is lightweight too unlike a full-sized circular saw. But the price range is a bit high.
So, if you need a budget-friendly one, go for the BLACK+DECKER one.
- The laser guides make sure to maintain straight lines
- Includes a vacuum adapter for amazing dust collection
- Multifunctional grit diamond blade for versatile usage
- Lightweight ergonomics increase maneuverability
- Provides a parallel guide for bevel cuts
- A bit high priced
- Needs a two-handed operation at the beginning
#5 Best Brushless Motor- Makita 18V 6-½” Brushless Saw
No products found.
On the final spot of this best mini circular saw review, meet a sub-compact saw from Makita, one of the leading names for making cordless power saws. The prime specifications of this small saw are-
- 5000 RPM cutting speed, the highest on this list
- Brushless motor runs cooler for extended periods
- 6-½” 24T circular blade for greater cutting depth
- Large cutting capacity with the electronically controlled BL motor
- Includes dust extracting attachment for wonderful dust collection
Well, the best compact circular saws always consider the operator’s convenience and this is no exception. The dual LED lights of this small saw illuminate the working surface for better results in woodworking.
Being compatible with an 18V battery, it runs for extended periods, all thanks to the powerful brushless motor. It eliminates carbon brushes which keep the saw cool as well.
Struggling to change your small circular saw blade? Not anymore. Among other safety features, it includes an onboard blade wrench for effortless blade installation.
However, the battery is sold separately. If you find this an issue, try the EnerTwist 20V Max 4-½” Circular Saw that includes both battery and charger.
- Standard power to weight ratio
- Features Makita’s signature Automatic Speed Change Technology
- 50% longer run time compared to the non-brushless circular saws
- Incredible dust extraction
- Compact, lightweight, and durable
- The right-blade design is not always preferable by most users
- You get the tool only, nothing else
What Is a Compact Circular Saw Used for?
To reap most of the benefits of a compact circular saw, you must know the proper use of it. But first, you need to figure out why a mini circular saw in its compact version is so demanded.
Well, the fact is the best compact circular saws can perform way better in terms of maneuverability. Being compact and concise, they can serve a wide range of purposes with convenient cutting depth.
A compact saw is particularly meant for conventional straight cut, bevel cut, to cut long plywood, timber cutting, firewood cutting, a quick rip cut, and so on.
On the same note, you can use a mini circular saw as a miter saw in the same system. And the best small circular saw can cut tile too.
Do you know what is a worm drive circular saw? Our detailed guide helps you to know that. Don’t forget to check it out!
How Did We Choose the Compact Cordless Circular Saw?
Now that you have come through our best picks on the compact saw, you might wonder on what basis we top-listed them! Well, it can be a hit or miss if you cannot select your tool wisely. So, we considered some crucial factors before branding them as the best compact saws.
Let’s take you through those key details below.
A compact circular saw is a powerful tool that works by rotating mechanisms. So, speed is an important factor here. On that note, we chose each mini circular saw above that has a reliable speed with proper control.
Cutting Depth and Capacity
It all depends on the blade length and blade diameter. Check out the saws above and you will see that all of them have a convenient blade length. That’s why they offer a versatile range of cutting depth.
Another thing to notice when picking compact saws is the weight. Most woodworkers use them for a long time. A heavyweight saw will give you more stress. So, we included lightweight saws mostly in this review.
For example, both the Worx and the Enertwist saws have pretty lightweight ergonomics.
Ease of Operation
Apart from being lightweight, they must have some safety features to make them easily operable. For instance, a soft rubber handle is an absolute must for better control. Besides, a laser guide works better to work in darker spaces as well.
Compared to a corded compact circular saw, a cordless one doesn’t have a continuous power supply. Therefore, the battery life does matter.
The longer the battery life, the more you will be able to work. It’s even better if you have an extra battery pack.
Like a full-size circular saw, you should also look for some features like a vacuum adapter, blade guard, laser guide, grit diamond blade, etc. in your smaller saw.
Thus, you can pick your smaller saw as an alternative to larger circular saws.
What is the best compact cordless circular saw?
In our opinion, we suggest the Enertwist saw as the overall best on the list. Also, the BLACK+DECKER one is the best bang for the buck compared to others.
Is the cordless compact circular saw any good?
Absolutely yes. They outplay their corded counterparts with more portability. Also, compact saws can work pretty well on various DIY projects with laser guides.
Can compact cordless circular saw cut plywood?
Yes, they can. In fact, if you can maintain a straight line, they can cut through the long plywood pretty efficiently.
Can you use a compact cordless circular saw without a table?
Absolutely, you can use them in both ways, without a table or with it as a table saw.
Which is a safer table saw or circular saw?
To be honest, a circular saw is way safer than a table saw. Also, they are more affordable as well.
Final Words From Gears Guider
Tired of the hand fatigue you experience after a busy woodworking day? Then go for any of the above best compact cordless circular saws and see the magic. Being practically designed, they will offer more power and speed for any of your DIY tasks.
Besides, we have some professional-level small circular saws too such as the EnerTwist 20V Max 4-½” Cordless Circular Saw.
But if you prefer brushless design more, the Makita one should seal the deal for you. It also tops the list in terms of speed, power, and blade length.
Finally, we suggest you choose your tool wisely to make the best use of it. All the best!
This is Ahmed Shuvo, an enthusiastic tool enthusiast with a passion for saws, especially circular saws and miter saws. I have written blog posts and conducted research on the proper use and maintenance of these tools. I am also a DIYer who enjoys making wooden projects and always striving to improve my skills. I am confident in my expertise and eager to contribute to the growth of this industry through my writing.