Last Updated On March 24, 2023
- Best Dewalt Circular Saw Review
- 1. Most Affordable- Dewalt Yellow 20V Max Battery-Powered Circular Saw
- 2. Best Heavy-Duty- Dewalt Atomic 20V Max 4-½ Inch Circular Saw
- 3. Best Overall- Dewalt Battery-Powered 7-¼ Inch Cordless Circular Saw
- 4. Best Dust Blower- Dewalt 15-Amp Corded Circular Saw
- 5. Best Brushless Motor- Dewalt 6-½ Inch 20V Max Circular Saw
- 6. Best Battery Life- Dewalt 12V Max Line Laser Yellow Saw
- Factors to Consider While Buying the Best Dewalt Circular Saw
- Should I Buy the Cordless or Corded Dewalt Circular Saw
- Safety Tips When Using the Dewalt Circular Saw
- Final Words
If you have explored the power tool industry a bit, surely you’ve heard about Dewalt, one of the leading names in this field. They make some amazing circular saws.
Be it a small DIY project or professional construction work, Dewalt will always have a solution to meet your demand. Their circular saw includes both cordless battery-powered circular saws and corded circular saws.
Moreover, you can never go wrong with Dewalt saws as they represent versatility, flexibility, and power-packed performances.
So, meet the 6 Best Dewalt circular saws below to enjoy their feature-loaded execution in a variety of tasks.
Best Dewalt Circular Saw Review
1. Most Affordable- Dewalt Yellow 20V Max Battery-Powered Circular Saw
In the opening spot, we have a yellow cordless circular saw with ultimate ability and strength as a power tool. Let’s explore its salient features below.
- 5150 RPM motor of DEWALT circular saw delivers power and speed to make the most demanding cuts with ease
- High strength and lightweight magnesium shoe of the corded circular saw provides jobsite durability for long-term cut accuracy
- Optimized rubber overmolded comfort grip of the compact circular saw delivers optimal balance and control
- 0-50 degree bevel capacity allows for aggressive bevel cuts for a multitude of applications
- 5150 RPM powerful motor for optimum speed
- 0-50 degree bevel capacity for aggressive bevel cuts
- 6.5 inches blade length to maintain precise cutting edge
To begin with the amenities of this feature-packed best cordless circular saw, it needs a 20V lithium-ion battery to run smoothly.
Being equipped with a carbide-tipped blade, cutting 2 times the materials is easier than ever with this high-level battery-powered saw, that too without any rough edges.
No matter how versatile applications your worksite demands, this cordless circular saw will always keep any hassle at bay. Thanks to the fastest rotation speed. Also, the brushless motor is surely an exclusive add-on.
The 6.5-inch blade length is perfect for beveled cuts like other saws from the same brand.
However, be careful about the safety switch so that it isn’t on accidentally. And it would be better if the blade was a bit more powerful.
But all things considered, this is a must-try cordless circular saw to add to your inventory right away!
Things we like
- Lightweight construction
- Adjustable cutting power
- Instantaneous blade brake for better operation
- The powerful motor provides plenty of torque in DIY projects
Things we don’t like
- Underpowered battery and blade
- The safety switch needs to be handled carefully
2. Best Heavy-Duty- Dewalt Atomic 20V Max 4-½ Inch Circular Saw
- Brushless motor of DEWALT circular saw allows you to cut up to 369 linear feet of 3/4-inch OSB using DCB205 battery (sold separately)
- The cordless circular saw has the removable auxiliary handle for increased control
- The compact circular saw has a hang hook for increased convenience
- On-board blade key storage for hassle free blade changes
Secondly, let’s check out an atomic Dewalt cordless circular saw that can be your best bet in terms of multipurpose use. The core specifications are-
- A removable handle for better control
- Bevels at both 45 degrees and 90 degrees, thanks to the bevel gear
- An electric blade brake for optimum safety
To be honest, a common issue while using cordless circular saws is sawdust. Here, this Dewalt atomic cordless circular saw offers a neat and clean working environment with ultimate dust control. There’s an onboard dust port for this purpose.
Most importantly, it features a hanging hook so that you can place it conveniently. And a detachable handle is a great advantage for any handheld power tool.
On top of that, you will love the hassle-free blade-changing procedure, all thanks to the blade key storage. And the inbuilt blade brake is rapid enough to prevent an accident by stopping the 2-inch blade immediately.
Moreover, we liked the bevel gear design of this brushless circular saw, pretty similar to the Dewalt Yellow 20V Max Battery-Powered Circular Saw. You will also enjoy the laser beam for better performance.
However, it’s a bare tool and doesn’t include a battery and charger. Though it doesn’t make the saw a deal-breaker at any cost.
Things we like
- Elongated handle increases reach to tight spaces
- Great performance to cut OSB and plywood
- Strong, sturdy, and stable ergonomics
- Pretty handy for everyday use
- Easy to maneuver
Things we don’t like
- Comes as a bare tool without other accessories
- Short battery life
3. Best Overall- Dewalt Battery-Powered 7-¼ Inch Cordless Circular Saw
- UP TO 77% MORE POWER** when DEWALT 7 1/4 circular saw is paired with FLEXVOLT batteries
- FASTER CUTTING: Powerful brushless motor of the cordless circular saw delivers 5,500 RPM for faster cutting
- The compact circular saw has the maximum depth of cut of 2-9/16-inch at a 90 degree
- Maximum depth of cut of 2-inch at a 45 degree
Next on the lineup, we came up with a professional-grade cordless circular saw which lives up to every promise Dewalt made. Let’s see what core specialties the power saw has to offer you.
- Maximum cutting depth
- Better cut line for accurate cuts, thanks to the LED light
- 5500 RPM speed with a powerful brushless motor
Who doesn’t want precision and perfection from a cordless power tool? On that note, this Dewalt 20V max cordless circular saw serves the purpose pretty well.
Saying that it comes with a LED light to enhance visibility while cutting through wood, sheets, metal, plywood, etc. And the compact saw works even better when paired with FlexVolt batteries of 60V max power.
Like other cordless saws, it reduces sawdust by featuring an optional dust port. Moreover, the bevel gear allows positive stops at 22.5° and 45°.
Thanks to the rafter hook, you get a fast and facile storage benefit on the construction site. Overall, this cordless circular saw is highly recommended as one of the best circular saws.
Nevertheless, the only issue is that you need to pay some extra bucks as the battery and charger are sold separately.
Things we like
- This cordless model features accurate cuts
- Standard blade size with sufficient sharpness
- Solid construction makes the saw durable
- Compatible with any Dewalt 20V Max and FlexVolt batteries
Things we don’t like
- Drains out regular battery very fast
- Doesn’t come with a battery or charger
4. Best Dust Blower- Dewalt 15-Amp Corded Circular Saw
- DEWALT 7 1/4 circular saw is among the lightest saws in its class (8.8 lbs.)
- Electric brake of the corded circular saw stops the blade after trigger is released
- 15 amp motor of the compact circular saw delivers power for even the toughest applications
- 57degree beveling capacity with stops at 45 degree and 22.5 degree
In the fourth place, let’s meet one of the best circular saws from Dewalt that are constructed as corded. The salient features it comes with are as follows-
- Patented 15 amp motor for a deeper cut
- Lightweight design with compact construction
- 57° bevel capacity with positive stops at 45° and 22.5°
As a corded circular saw, this is very lightweight having only 8.8 lbs of weight. Resultantly, it’s easily portable to fit into tight spaces.
That being said, the integrated dust blower is the most efficient inclusion in this corded saw. It blows off the sawdust to keep the environment tidy enough.
Even though you use the power tool in harsh environments, rest assured it will last longer, thanks to the high-quality Aluminum smooth base, unlike other corded models.
To add more, we liked the bevel design with two positive stops at 22.5° and 45°. Besides, the 2-9/16″ depth also offers optimum accuracy in professional woodcutting and carpentry work including beveled cuts.
However, the blade is made of 100% gluten-free steel, that too with carbide-tipped teeth. Therefore, it leaves no room to complain about plunge cuts.
Best of all, it can handle both small DIY projects and professional building tasks. That’s why it’s an all-rounder circular saw for any woodworking enthusiast.
Things we like
- The speed brake works exceptionally well
- Adjustable cutting depth
- Hassle-free access to blade-changing tool
- Amazing dust-blowing capacity
Things we don’t like
- Some customers complained that they faced blade wobbling
- A bit expensive
5. Best Brushless Motor- Dewalt 6-½ Inch 20V Max Circular Saw
- powerful and efficient brushless motor provides optimal cutting performance in a variety of materials
- high maneuverability with its lightweight and compact design
- quickly adjust the bevel capacity from 0 - 50° with the tool-free bevel lever
- convenient storage on the jobsite with the built-in rafter hook
At this spot, the Dewalt 6-½ inch cordless compact saw is in the queue to be reviewed. Let’s check out its core specifications below.
- 4950 RPM cutting speed in a variety of materials
- Adjustable bevel capacity ranging from 0°-50°
- The built-in rafter hook offers convenient job site storage
If you are looking for an extraordinary cordless circular saw kit, this industry-grade power tool with optimal cutting power should be your first destination.
The powerful brushless motor is a big plus for this saw to provide enough power. Moreover, it offers both precise cuts and bevel cuts through a wide variety of materials including wood, metals, plastic, sheet goods, and other full-depth materials.
As we all know, cordless saws are better for straight cuts compared to their corded counterparts. So is this the best cordless circular saw from Dewalt with absolute battery power?
Need a lightweight circular saw? Try this one which also offers a rafter hook for easy maneuverability. Moreover, you don’t need to rely on extension cords like corded models.
And thanks to the toolless bevel design, you have easy access to the safety features like most circular saws.
Despite the positives, the expensive price point might bother you a bit. If you want a more affordable circular saw, go for the Dewalt Yellow 20V Max Battery-Powered Circular Saw.
Things we like
- Highly efficient circular saw with brake
- The bright LED ensures increased visibility
- Effective dust chute to minimize dust
- Compact and lightweight design
- Plenty of power supply
Things we don’t like
- Runs out of power in terms of daylong use
- Needs a better safety switch
6. Best Battery Life- Dewalt 12V Max Line Laser Yellow Saw
- DEWALT laser level comes with 12V MAX lithium-ion rechargeable power tool battery platform.Laser Accuracy : +/-3mm@10m.
- Laser level tool features green beam laser technology
- DEWALT green laser level has integrated magnetic bracket with 1/4-inch and 5/8-inch thread
- Full Time Pulse Mode - Detector to Detector compatible with DW0892G not included
Last but not the least, we have a Dewalt 12V max circular saw in hand. Let’s explore what it has in store to offer.
- Features the green beam laser technology
- Runs with a 12V max lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Long-range application with enhanced visibility
Looking for an exclusive saw that can withstand any harsh conditions? Look no further as we have come with a premium-quality circular saw from Dewalt, a leading name in the power tool production industry.
Wondering what makes this power tool stand out from other circular saws? Well, this is water-resistant. Besides, it can resist debris as well.
As a result, this makes one of the most desirable saws for carpenters, builders, and woodworkers.
Aside from that, with a visibility range of 100, it is suitable to work in darker circumstances. The green light especially helps way better to look into the job sites.
Also, the rugged and robust ergonomics make this circular saw a durable product. Above all, the longevity of the battery is out of the box even in extreme cold.
However, you might face problems while tiling a bathroom as it’s bulky. Other than that, it’s a sturdy tool you shouldn’t miss in any way!
Things we like
- Amazing battery life
- Sturdy laser construction
- Doesn’t bounce back while in use
- It’s possible to adjust the axis according to your demand
Things we don’t like
- No micro height adjustments
- A bit bulky ergonomics
Factors to Consider While Buying the Best Dewalt Circular Saw
As you already know, Dewalt makes the best circular saws, no doubt. But choosing the best Dewalt saws could be overwhelming if you do not know what to look for in them.
Below, we have enlisted some features that make the difference between an average and an industry-standard circular saw. Let’s explore them in detail!
Yes, you heard it right. The blade size can make a difference. In fact, it determines whether the tool is massive or tiny. Though the blade type does matter as well.
Also, the tooth count of the blade is equally important. The less the tooth count is, the harsher the cut will be. So, for professional output, go for blades with more teeth.
Talking about the blade type, the dado blade for the circular saw is strongly recommended by experts for advanced woodworking projects.
Usually, the base plate of a saw is known as a shoe. Whether it’s a steel shoe, aluminum shoe, or magnesium shoe, all work pretty well.
But, truth be told, the magnesium shoe is the strongest of all, and therefore, the most expensive one.
Sidewinder vs. Worm Drive Circular Saw
Resultantly, the worm drive saws offer more power and torque. But if you consider speed and maneuverability, we recommend saws that come in the sidewinder models over the worm drive circular saws.
While looking for the best Dewalt circular saw, you must consider the safety features of the saw. Because it’s a risky job after all. And specifications like electric brakes, blade storage, LED lights, etc. can reduce the danger to a notable extent.
For instance, the electric brake of a saw stops the blade instantly once you release the trigger to prevent any sudden injuries. Also, the LED light lets you maintain an accurate cut line by lighting up the working area.
Besides, other features like a dust port adapter, rafter hook, laser guide, etc. let you handle those handheld power tools easier and faster.
Most importantly, the speed of a compact saw, be it corded or cordless, is the factor that determines how fast you can complete your job. But please remember how fast the blade spins doesn’t solely decide the cutting depth for bevel cuts. It depends on the blade type and quality of the saw too.
For instance, a 7-1/4 inch blade can run faster than a 10-1/4 inch blade if the previous one is accommodated with a powerful motor.
On that note, brushless motors assure more consistent speed.
Should I Buy the Cordless or Corded Dewalt Circular Saw
Dewalt makes outstanding power tools with ultimate sturdiness. Both their cordless and corded circular saws have been ruling the market for years. But if you need to choose between these two variants, let’s have a forthright confrontation about which type offers more benefits as handheld power tools.
Talking about the cordless circular saws, they are easy to handle, thanks to their lightweight design. You don’t need extension cords to maneuver them. Moreover, they are more outdoor-friendly due to their extreme portability. And brushless motors make them more advantageous.
But the corded counterparts are no less though. As corded saws don’t need extra batteries, you will get more run time for longer use. Also, they offer more power while working on professional projects.
So, if you need full-depth performance to cut lumber, sheet goods, and plunge cut- try the corded circular saws from Dewalt. But remember that they are quite heavyweight.
And for portability, convenience, and flexibility- we recommend a cordless circular saw.
Do you want to know how to make a circular saw bench with a Dewalt circular saw? Here’s our full guide to help you.
Safety Tips When Using the Dewalt Circular Saw
Most circular saws come with the risk of serious injuries. So, you must be careful enough and follow sufficient safety measures to save yourself. Below, there’s a list of the most crucial safety tips-
- Wear proper eye and ear protection gear such as goggles, glasses, face shields, etc. to prevent any sudden injuries.
- Circular saws produce lots of sawdust. So wearing a dust mask or respirator is an absolute must.
- Most circular saws, be they corded or cordless models make unbearable sounds. So, ear protection equipment is a must to protect your ears.
- Make sure the blade size fits your needs with exact safety features. The safety switch should stop the blade as soon as you release the trigger to stop accidental opening.
- Check the compact circular saw thoroughly beforehand. This will assure that all the safety guards are working properly or not.
Are Dewalt circular saws good?
Absolutely yes. Dewalt makes some extraordinary circular saws that are worldwide popular among builders, carpenters, woodworkers, and handymen.
Which brand of a circular saw is the best?
There are so many. But talking of a particular one, Dewalt is a leading name among power tool manufacturers. If you need the best cordless circular saw, go for a compact circular saw from Dewalt.
Is a brushless circular saw better?
Of course, it is. A brushless motor blesses a cordless tool with more power and precision. Moreover, it adjusts the power based on the task in a compact circular saw.
What is the best DIY circular saw?
We recommend the Dewalt 6-½ Inch Circular Saw as the best cordless circular saw for small DIY jobs.
Choosing the best Dewalt circular saw is surely a challenging job. But as we have done the overwhelming research work beforehand, you can rely on our top six list for better results.
As the list is versatile enough, everybody can find out their personal favorite saw, from penny-pinchers to pros.
Saying that the Dewalt Battery-Powered 7-¼ Inch Cordless Circular Saw is the winner in this race for its all-around performance. And for the best battery life, we recommend the Dewalt 12V Max Line Laser Yellow Saw.
But we can ensure that you are going to pick the top-graded circular saw regardless of your selection from the list!
This is Ahmed Shuvo, an enthusiastic tool enthusiast with a passion for saws, especially circular saws and miter saws. I have written blog posts and conducted research on the proper use and maintenance of these tools. I am also a DIYer who enjoys making wooden projects and always striving to improve my skills. I am confident in my expertise and eager to contribute to the growth of this industry through my writing.