Last Updated On February 10, 2023
For cutting various materials straight, you need to have a good circular saw. And if that’s lightweight and has lower maintenance, then your cutting profession will be on top.
Talking about smooth cuts, brushless saws are always unremarkable. But what is a brushless circular saw?
A brushless circular saw is a type of power saw that handles a brushless motor instead of a traditional brushed motor. It’s also known as a cordless circular saw. This tool has several benefits over common saws, making it a popular alternative for DIY and professional use.
In this article, we’ll talk all about brushless saws so let’s begin!
- What is a Brushless Circular Saw?
- Advantages of Brushless Circular Saw
- Disadvantages of Brushless Circular Saw
- What to Look for Before Buying a Perfect Tool
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Verdict
What is a Brushless Circular Saw?
A brushless circular saw is the type of machine where the motor adjusts according to your work. If you’re trying to cut the material fast, you can do it easily with the tool. The motor will take all the power depending on how much load you’re giving to it.
The cordless saw is super simple to cut sheet materials, heavy timber, plastic or man-made boards like MDF.
They’re available in different sizes as well with 36V and 18V versions. You’ll never get a voltage or friction drop here hence you can use the technology for a long time.
Advantages of Brushless Circular Saw
Here are some benefits of a brushless saw that’ll help you to make your cutting session as excellent as it can. This one’s perfect for DIY too thus feel free to use it in your college or home renovation works.
Stunning Efficiency and Power
One of the main advantages of a cordless circular saw is its great power and efficiency. As this brushless motor doesn’t have the wear or friction of traditional brushed motors, it can simply operate at a higher efficiency. And as it works at high regulation, your tool will last at least a decade.
This also results in a saw that can cut the wood or sheets more quickly with a clean finish.
Less Heat and Vibration
You’ll be glad to know that brushless circular saws cut the substances in low heat and vibration. If you’re a person who loves to work in a silent environment, this is surely your gem.
You don’t have to think about replacing the teeth very often as less vibration and heat won’t affect them much; means it has low maintenance.
Increased Battery Life
Another benefit of brushless circular saws is their run time and increased battery life. Brushless motors use less power than other old-fashioned motors. This is why the machine can run for a long time on a single battery charge.
Well, it’s especially useful for tasks that need prolonged use. Then again people who work in remote locations with bounded access to power require this cordless circular saw the most.
These saws tend to be more lightweight and compact than traditional saws. It does not require the same size and weight as a conventional brushed motor as the brushless circular saw is smaller and more efficient.
This makes it simpler to maneuver and handle, making it ideal for overhead or tight spaces. Praiseworthy indeed!
As we said earlier, cordless saws are smaller, which means they’re portable as well. No matter where your workplace is, you can easily carry the tool with you. Your college assignments, professional tasks, and DIYs will become more convenient than ever.
Last but not least, the most important thing is safety. With a brushless circular saw, you don’t have to think about this matter. There’s no tension in leaving the cords on the floor where you can trip on those cords and fail.
Instead, you can keep the tool anywhere you want securely.
Disadvantages of Brushless Circular Saw
There are some disadvantages of brushless circular saws as well. They include,
- As cordless saws run with batteries, you need to be careful about the battery charge all the time. When the batteries get old, you’ll need to change them too.
- The cost of the brushless circular saw is higher than any other saw. As they’re cordless, they require more money.
- If the charge is not enough, it’ll take a long to finish one cutting season which doesn’t happen with corded saws.
What to Look for Before Buying a Perfect Tool
When choosing the correct brushless circular saw, there are some key factors to consider. These will save you from wasting your money and time. Such as,
- The first thing to look for is the size of the blade. It’ll determine the maximum cutting depth and width. Standard blades are around 4-7 inches in diameter. But you can get larger ones also for your customized tasks.
- Consider the balance and weight of the saw. Also, try the grip and trigger controls for your comfort in use.
- The next dominant factor to consider is the power of the saw. Well. It’s typically measured in volts. For more cutting power, a higher voltage rating is necessary. But it’s also foremost to examine the certain materials you’ll be cutting and the type of work you’ll be doing.
- We know you want to make angled cuts. For that, you must check on the bevel capacity of the saw. It’ll help you to meet your needs in less time.
- Look for a saw that lets you adjust the speed for different materials and cutting sessions. It’ll be really convenient for you during your tasks.
- In terms of safety, you must have to ensure that the cordless circular saw you choose is supplied with a blade guard and raving knife. It’ll help to prevent kickbacks and binding.
- Choose a saw with high-voltage batteries. This way, you’ll get longer run times. Also, ensure the charging time of the battery will be enough for your tasks.
- A brushless circular saw with great customer service will be really nice for long-term use purposes.
- Finally, buy your circular saw with a dust collection port. It can help to keep your work environment clean. In addition, it’ll reduce the risk of inhaling harmful sawdust, which we think is really important.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many teeth are best on a circular saw?
If you’re trying to do professional work then 24 tooth blades is sufficient for you. This type of blade is generally super aggressive. They’ll cut anything fast, accurately, and smoothly within a few seconds.
Can a cordless circular saw cut metal?
Yes, a cordless circular saw can cut metal very cleanly. With modern battery technology, this saw can make hundreds of cuts even through hard materials like stainless steel.
What is the lifespan of a brushless motor?
It actually depends on your output speed. If you work at an average pace, your brushless motor will be able to work for 20000 hours. It also varies from brand to brand.
That’s it. We’re sure now you’ll be able to know what is a brushless circular saw is and how it works. The tool is very simple that utilizes cutting-edge technology to increase run time, power, and efficiency.
However, it’s essential to choose the correct saw for your specific needs. You always need to use proper safety precautions too when operating any power tool for the best outcome.
This is Ahmed Shuvo, an enthusiastic tool enthusiast with a passion for saws, especially circular saws and miter saws. I have written blog posts and conducted research on the proper use and maintenance of these tools. I am also a DIYer who enjoys making wooden projects and always striving to improve my skills. I am confident in my expertise and eager to contribute to the growth of this industry through my writing.